To apply for our current positions, please send an email to [email protected] with your CV attached or call 01342 333015
IT Service Desk Technician
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, you will be responsible for handling incoming requests for support in a timely and professional manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. In addition to these tasks, you will also be responsible for monitoring and maintaining our client’s infrastructure. This includes Server, Desktop, network performance, backups and Voice Comms.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 3 years minimum experience in similar roles
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Excellent troubleshooting and fault finding skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Service awareness of all organizations key IT services for which support is being provided
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Windows 7-10
- Office 2013/2016/o365
- Server 2008-2016
- Active Directory
- MS Exchange
- Networking – Switching, routers, VLAN’s, wifi, VPN, firewalls
- Group Policy
- IP Telephony
- Virtual Servers – Hyper-V
- Experience with Watchguard UTM’s, Mac’s, Avaya and StorageCraft preferred but not essential
- Working as part of the IT Service Desk Team, respond to incident and service requests from clients and alerts from monitoring systems.
- Point of contact to the customer for all types of service requests
- Record work undertaken to diagnose and resolve an issue in the Service Desk system.
- Maintain client documentation in relation to hardware, software configurations and standard build information.
- Where the IT Service Desk Technician is unable to resolve an issue in a timely manner this should be reported to the Service Desk Dispatcher or Service Desk Manager so that it can be escalated to the appropriate Team/Staff member.
- Communicate with customers as required – keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Ensure that time entries for all work is recorded and tickets updated by the end of each day.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Keep up to date with current, relevant technology
- Attend product/technical training as required
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3 years minimum experience in similar roles